Saturday, November 16, 2013

Let the Festivities Begin!

Hanukkah is just around the corner, with only 11 days left until the celebration! It is crazy how early Hanukkah is landing this year and just before we know it, it has arrived. It kinda stinks how it lands before Thanksgiving and not around the same time as Christmas. But, we have to make the best out of the situation as we can! It is a time of celebration, to spend with family and friends. I love lighting the candles, eating latka's, and opening gifts!  

I don't know why, I have always had this weird obsession with Winter Holidays. Although, I am Jewish, I love Christmas trees and music. (Hopefully no one is judging me.) In Puerto Rico, even though it doesn't snow the holidays are a very big celebration, I mean Puertoricans' like to celebrate every time they have the chance too! There are parrandas at every party or even the mall, everyone is always drinking coquito, and everyone is always happy!

Realizing there are only 11 days till Hanukkah and freaking out because you are still missing tons of gifts to buy, relax, because hopefully I can help. Gifts, don't have to be expensive or all fancy to be perfect. I find, that if you put together a few of their favorite things, you can make the perfect gift! There are just a few steps to figuring out what they want.

Step 1: Think of their favorite candy or drink, something they enjoy, and something you know they need. 

Step 2: Next, choose where you want to buy something related to the category.

Step 3: After, you have bought all the gifts put them together in a basket or box! 

Step 4: Lastly, make sure you add a cute card to the gift!

Here is an example of what I would give to my sister Alexis:
I know she loves Starbucks and chocolate, lotions and scents, and scarves.
Hanukkah


Coast lightweight scarve
$48 - coast-stores.com


Body cleanser
bathandbodyworks.com


Body moisturizer
bathandbodyworks.com

No comments: